Do you want quick and easy OS installation on Raspberry Pi? Watch this:
- Download NOOBS from raspberrypi.org if you have NOT internet connection on your Raspberry Pi. (big file – ca. 1,5 GB)
- Download NOOBS LITE from raspberrypi.org if you have internet connection on your Raspberry Pi. (small file – ca. 32 MB)
- Format your SD card.
If there is a problem with sd capacity download and use free SD CARD FORMATTER from sdcard.org.
- Unpack NOOBS archive and copy all the files to your previously formatted sd card.
- Connect monitor and mouse to your Raspberry Pi, install SD card in the slot and connect power.
- Configure wireless network by clicking ‘Wifi Networks’ if you need.
- Choose operating system you want to install: Raspbian – full desktop version – it will install Raspbian with windows interface. Raspbian Lite – minimal version – you will deal with Raspbian in text mode.
Click ‘Install’ and wait a while.
- If you have internet connection update the system. Open ‘Terminal’ from top menu and write:
sudo apt-get updateIt will download the package lists from the repositories and “updates” them.
sudo apt-get upgradeIt will fetch new versions of packages existing on the machine.